This is one of those options that we have available with the Apple Watch and that many of you were surely unaware of. It is about the possibility of marking by segments the training sessions carried out in an outdoor race on a track in a stationary bike training or similar.
This option consists of mark each lap or distance traveled during a workout, dividing a session into three 10-minute segments. We can do this at the same time that we are training from our Apple Watch and today we will see how to do it.
It is a simple task to carry out but you may not know it and we have to bear in mind that it is not usual for most users to perform a training by segments. If you now want to register this type of training by segment (lap or similar) we can tell you that it is as simple as follow these steps:
- When you do a full lap, just double-tap the Apple Watch screen
- The segment summary will appear and voila, we don't have to stop at any time
- We already have a registered lap. We repeat the double tap for each turn
To view all logged segments once we have finished the training:
- We enter the iPhone and open the Activity app
- We touch the Training tab
- We click on the training and we scroll down
Due to the screen locks when swimming, we cannot mark segments in this type of training. But in swimming pool training, segments are automatically marked every time you rest for 10 seconds or more. The automatic routines appear in the training summary, in the iPhone activity app and we can consult them whenever we want.