It is one of the great novelties of Watch 5. Although it seems like a minor function, Walkie-Talkie is likely to be used on a regular basis once Apple Watch users learn about the benefits of this feature.
Although there is no innovation with the walkie-talkie that almost every child has had, this one, in addition to being able to contact any user with the service activated, allows you to activate it by simply turning your wrist. This may be the great innovation of this service. Now, talking to someone who is in another room will be much easier. We will see this feature this fall.
Walkie-Talkie is a new application that we will easily find with a yellow icon. After pressing it, you must add your first friend to communicate with him. Therefore, please follow the steps below:
- Open Walkie-Talkie.
- Now searches the list of contacts with the walkie-talkie service activatedor. To do this, you must have an Apple Watch (all but the first model) and watchOS 5.
- Click on the person you want to talk to.
- Then a yellow card should appear with his name.
- Press to speak with this contact.
- When your contact approves the conversation, a message appears stating: Connecting to ...
- Now the conversation can take place normally.
If your contact is not available, a message appears indicating: (contact name) is not available. If the user does not have the necessary requirements or is not connected to the service walkie-talkie, a message appears saying: connecting, but this message does not change.
Instead, if it is a friend who invites you to talk, a message will appear inviting you. In this case, we can authorize a one-time conversation, or activate the option: "Always allow".
Once connected frequently, every time we want to speak, we must open the application, find the contact, click on it and hold down to speak. Circles appear to indicate that the message is being transmitted. Now your friend must do the same to send a reply.